Granby’s food processing hub is a key economic driver for jobs and investments. In 2016, this pole generated $29 million in investments.
The dairy and confectionery segments create 62% of the 1 630 jobs in Granby’s food processing sector.
Granby is the home of major clients, such as Ultima Foods (330 employees), Agropur (270 employees) and Hershey (250 employees) as well as medium-sized players, such as L.B.Maple Treat (95 employees). Another player, Kerry (62 employees) is an input supplier. The other finished goods producers are food distributors or manufacturers equipment for this sector.
In Granby, it smells candy!
Why choose Granby?
A Strategic Location
- Proximity to the Saint-Hyacinthe agri-food hub
- Easy access to major input suppliers located in Montérégie
- Access to a vast pool of consumers: 130 million in a 1000 km radius around Montreal
A Diversified Industrial Structure
- Presence of major clients in dairy and confectionery processing
- Strong local roots
- Innovative growth industries
- A network of maintenance subcontractors
Features that Attract Businesses
- Available land at competitive rates
- A preferred industrial tax rate
- Up to 5-year tax credit possibility to build a plant
- An industrial park with fiber optics
A Stable, Competitive and Qualified Workforce
- Know-how originating in the historic presence of major clients
- Geographical proximity to a skilled workforce
- Attestation of Collegial Studies in Manufacturing Practises at Cégep de Granby
- Competitive labour costs
A Great Living Environment for You and Your Employees
Home to Leading Companies in the Sector:
Due to its constant market growth and the presence of major Granby companies in the pole, the food processing segments, specifically dairy and confectionery, must be supported. Granby Industrial has developed an industrial support strategy for this pole of excellence.
Contact us for more information
There is no shortage of partnership and investment possibilities in Granby!