The ground equipment/specialty vehicles pole supports 1550 jobs in Granby and is composed of several segments: specialty vehicles, public transportation, LDVs, railroad equipment and RVs.
The presence of major client: Prinoth (180 employees), a medium-size player such as Durabac (115 employees), and a public transportation integrator : LCI Canada (183 employees), make Granby the ideal place to establish your business in this sector. There are also major auto parts suppliers, such as Belt Tech Products (200 employees).
Many other manufacturers in our industrial base (metals, plastics) are also actively involved at various levels. Examples include Plastiques Nadco, Falpaco Plastics and Rubber, Polyform, Pro-Flex, Plastair, Groupe Industriel Lachance and Laser AMP.
In 2017, this hub generated over $28 million in investments.
Why choose Granby?
A Strategic location
- Proximity to a pool of clients and suppliers
- Easy access to the American market
- Strategic positioning: 45 minutes from the Greater Montreal area
- Direct access to highway 10 via route 139 (exit 68)
- Quick access to highway 20
- Proximity to Bromont, Montreal, Burlington and Plattsburgh airports
A Diversified Industrial Structure
- A solid and dynamic industry cluster
- Presence of major client in specialty vehicles
- A dedicated network of subcontractors
Features that Attract Businesses
- Available lots at competitive rates
- A preferred industrial tax rate
- A 5-year tax credit to build a plant
- An industrial park with fiber optics
A Qualified, Stable and Competitive Workforce
- Local know-how in different materials: aluminium, plastics, rubber
- Attestation of Collegial Studies in Manufacturing Practises at Cégep de Granby
- Competitive labour costs
- Proximity to many research and development centres (e.g., Sherbrooke University, Hydro-Quebec’s Research Institute, etc.)
A Great Living Environment for You and Your Employees
Home to Leading Companies in the Sector
Granby is the ideal hub for regional supply chains. Granby’s strong industrial structure in specialty vehicles is reinforced by the strength of Quebec’s industrial structure and by Granby’s positioning in Montérégie, which is home to a large concentration of transportation equipment companies.
Contact us for more information
There is no shortage of partnership and investment possibilities in Granby!